To locate subjects on this site, enter keywords in the search box or click on a question or topic below
Technique-related Artifacts Q&A's
- What is meant by "partial voluming"?
- Why are there dark bands over the lumbar spine?
- What is aliasing?
- Why does the phase wrap-around artifact occur?
- How do I get rid of phase wrap-around artifacts?
- How does phase oversampling eliminate the wrap-around artifact?
- Why aren't wrap-around artifacts seen in the frequency-encode direction, too?
- What about wrap-around artifacts on radial or spiral imaging? it seems like they should always be present because phase-encode goes in every direction.
- What is a Gibbs artifact?
- On EPI we commonly see three overlapping images. It looks somewhat like a phase wraparound artifact. What is causing this?
- We intermittently see zipper-like artifacts in our images. What causes them?
- Are there any other data-related artifacts that we should be aware of?
- What is surface coil flare? What can be done about it?
Technique-related Artifacts Topics