Pulse Sequences: Fat-Water Imaging
To locate topics on this site, enter keywords in the box or click on question below
Fat-Water Imaging Q&A's
- What makes fat and water behave so differently on MRI?
- What is meant by the fat/water chemical shift? How is it calculated?
- What is meant by in-phase vs out-of-phase imaging?
- There seem to be many methods available for fat suppression. Which one is the best?
- How do Fat-Sat pulses work?
- What is the Dixon method of fat suppression? When should it be used?
- Our scanner offers an option called "Water Excitation". Is this just another name for Fat-Sat?
- What is STIR?
- What is SPIR and how does it compare to other fat suppression methods?
- What is SPAIR? How is it different than SPIR?
- What are the differences between SPAIR, SPIR, and STIR? When should each be used?
Fat-Water Imaging Topics