The NMR Phenomenon: Relaxation - Physics
To locate subjects on this site, enter keywords in the search box or click on a question or topic below
- What are the Bloch equations?
- What is T1 relaxation?
- What is T2 relaxation?
- What is the difference between relaxation rates and relaxation times?
- Why is T1 longer than T2?
- What is the difference between T2 and T2*?
- What are the causes of T1 and T2 relaxation?
- Can you explain a little more about the dipole-dipole interaction? I still don't quite understand.
- What do you mean by chemical exchange and how does it effect T1 and T2?
- What are spin-spin interactions?
- How does the presence of macromolecules affect T1 and T2?
- I'm getting confused. You've been talking about all kinds of nuclei -- in fat, water, and macromolecules. Which hydrogen protons are producing the MR signal?
- What is magnetization transfer?
- How do T1 and T2 values vary as a function of field strength?
- How can you predict the T1 and T2 values of different tissues?