Pulse Sequences: Spin Echo
To locate subjects on this site, enter keywords in the search box or click on a question or topic below
Spin Echo Q&A's
- What is the difference between spin echo, multi-spin echo, and fast spin echo?
- I know long TR/TE gives T2-weighting and short TR/TE gives T1-weighting, but I don't understand why. Can you explain?
- Long T1 materials are dark on T1-weighted images, but long T2 materials are bright on T2-weighted images. And vice versa. Why don't these behave the same way?
- What is meant by a T1- or T2-weighted image?
- If the SE is able to recover components of the FID lost by field inhomogeneities, why doesn't it correct for T2 decay as well?
- Why doesn't the 180° refocusing pulse also invert the longitudinal magnetization in addition to flipping over the spins in the transverse plane?
- Diagrams always seem to show the 180° pulse flipping the spins over the top right side of the transverse plane. Why don't the spins flip 180° in some other direction, for example, below the transverse plane and to the left?