Pulse Sequences: Gradient Echo (GRE)
To locate subjects on this site, enter keywords in the search box or click on a question or topic below
Gradient Echo Questions
- How does a gradient echo differ from a spin echo?
- How do you produce multiple GRE's from a single pulse?
- There are so many different GRE sequences. Can you make sense of these?
- It seems as if every manufacturer has adopted a different name for their gradient echo sequences. Why is this? Can you sort this out for me?
- What is meant by spoiling, and how is it accomplished?
- Why would you want to use a spoiled-GRE technique? How do you pick the parameters?
- I'm confused. Isn't a spoiled-GRE sequence T1-weighted by definition?
- What is meant by steady-state free precession (SSFP)?
- How do GRASS/FISP sequences work?
- How do you select imaging parameters for GRASS/FISP sequences?
- What is the difference between single-slice GRASS and multi-planar GRASS (MPGR)?
- What is the difference between FISP and PSIF?
- What is True FISP, and why is it "truer" than regular FISP?
- What is the difference between FIESTA and FIESTA-C?
- What is DESS?
- We have been using a sequence called MERGE for spinal imaging that shows excellent contrast between cord, CSF and disk. How does this work?
- What is GRASE?
Gradient Echo Topics