MR Safety and Screening: Overview
To locate subjects on this site, enter keywords in the search box or click on a question or topic below
MR Safety and Screening Overview Q&A's
- What are the ACR Safety Zones?
- How do you screen patients for implants and foreign bodies prior to MRI?
- What do you do about screening if the patient is unconscious or can't answer all questions on the form?
- What are the risks of passive vs active implants in MRI?
- What does it mean when an implant or device is labeled "conditional"?
- What are the most common safety screening scenarios and how do you handle them?
- Have you ever had a significant ferromagnetic projectile event or injury at your MR site?
- Should MRI facilities screen patients with metal detectors?
- Does MRI pose any risk to the developing fetus? Do you scan pregnant patients?
- What are the specific safety hazards in dealing with sick patients from the operating room, ICU, or ER?
MR Safety and Screening Overview: Topics