Magnets & Scanners: Basic Electromagnetism
To locate subjects on this site, enter keywords in the search box or click on a question or topic below
Basic Electromagnetism Q&A's
- What causes magnetism?
- We have a 3.0 Tesla MR scanner at our hospital. I know this is a very strong magnet, but what exactly is a tesla?
- Who was Tesla? What did he do so great to deserve having the magnetic field named after him?
- I've heard magnetic fields are also measured in gauss. What's the difference?
- I still don't have a good idea of how strong 3.0T is. How does it compare to a refrigerator magnet or the big magnet in a junkyard that picks up cars?
- What is a gradient?
- I'm confused. Isn't a gradient some type of coil?
- What is magnetic susceptibility?
- What causes susceptibility?
- I saw on the internet a video of a frog floating in a magnet. How does that happen? Did the frog become magnetized?
- What is ferromagnetism?
- What's so "super" about superparamagnetism?
Basic Electromagnetism Topics