Cardiac MR: Part I (Introduction/Anatomy)
To locate topics on this site, enter keywords in the box or click on question below
Cardiac MR (Part I) Questions
- Our cardiac MRI binder contains over a dozen different protocols. Can you make sense of these?
- Are there any special measures needed in preparing a patient for a cardiac MRI exam?
- We often have trouble getting a clean EKG signal for cardiac gating. Any helpful hints?
- I've heard the magnetic field changes the EKG. Why does this occur? It it dangerous?
- Is cardiac gating the same as triggering?
- How do you set the various parameters for a cardiac gated study, such as repetition time (TR), trigger delay, and trigger window?
- How can navigators track heart position if placed on the diaphragm?
- When is double inversion recovery used for cardiac imaging? How does it work?
- Why go to the trouble of using a double IR method to suppress blood? Couldn't blood be suppressed with a single carefully selected TI value?
- Isn't double inversion recovery enough? Why would you want to do triple IR?
- How do you interpret those colorful circular plots of cardiac function?
- How is coronary artery MRA performed? Is it of any use?
Cardiac MR (Part I) Topics