Unfortunately, the MRIQuestions.com forum became unmanageable due to spam attacks. I recommend an alternative resource: www.imagingQA.com
acquisition time for a DWI sequence - Printable Version

+- Unfortunately, the MRIQuestions.com forum became unmanageable due to spam attacks. I recommend an alternative resource: www.imagingQA.com (http://mriquestions.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Pulse Sequences (Basic) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Diffusion imaging (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: acquisition time for a DWI sequence (/showthread.php?tid=10176)

acquisition time for a DWI sequence - gautam - 10-16-2015 08:31 AM

Hi everyone, my first post:

I want to express the acquisition time for a SS 2D EPI 125 direction DWI imaging sequence, in terms of the scan parameters, and image resolution. I have had a look that the sequence diagram in Hacke et al, and also in that other pulse sequence handbook. I am having a hard time understanding when exactly if one volume (in one direction) acquired during the protocol? Back calculating from the total time that it takes, I get the acquisition time as TR per volume, approximately. I would like to extrapolate from this simplistic measure and get a more complete picture.
Hope someone can comment,
Thanks,
G.

RE: acquisition time for a DWI sequence - AndrewBworth - 10-25-2015 01:01 AM

Could you reference what you are looking at a bit better? I can't seem to find it.

(10-16-2015 08:31 AM)gautam Wrote:  Hi everyone, my first post:

I want to express the acquisition time for a SS 2D EPI 125 direction DWI imaging sequence, in terms of the scan parameters, and image resolution. I have had a look that the sequence diagram in Hacke et al, and also in that other pulse sequence handbook. I am having a hard time understanding when exactly if one volume (in one direction) acquired during the protocol? Back calculating from the total time that it takes, I get the acquisition time as TR per volume, approximately. I would like to extrapolate from this simplistic measure and get a more complete picture.
Hope someone can comment,
Thanks,
G.

RE: acquisition time for a DWI sequence - AndrewBworth - 10-28-2015 05:09 AM

I think you mean Haacke et. al.? What is the other book?

RE: acquisition time for a DWI sequence - gautam - 11-11-2015 03:33 AM

I was referring to the following, in addition to Haacke et. al.
http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Pulse-Sequences-Matt-Bernstein/dp/0120928612

(10-28-2015 05:09 AM)AndrewBworth Wrote:  I think you mean Haacke et. al.? What is the other book?