Chiller Water Treatment
06-21-2017, 09:49 PM
Chiller Water Treatment
I was wondering if anyone has experienced the water/glycol solution from the chiller system creating "fallout", leaving a black, tar-like, tacky sludge on the screens? I am a water treater that will be trying to clean the substance out after I have it analyzed. Glycol can react with sediment and metals within a system continuously circulating causing this type of sediment. I am still in the initial stages of discovery since I was just called upon yesterday. I am not aware of the required glycol percentages, skin temps, recirculation rates, metals involved and system volumes yet or if inhibited glycol is requested for this type of system. I question a lot of this because the system is not even 6 months old and having these problems. Also, being in water treatment for 25+ years, I have seen a lot and one recognized form of water treatment is the use of magnets. The magnets are supposed to neutralize the charge of the molecule not allowing for scale to form. The problem in the past with these type of systems is the shock to the molecule is short lived and the water must be continuously recirculated past the magnet or you have scaling problems. Does anyone have any knowledge about the water/glycol solution in the chiller and if it has any special requirements over any other chiller system? Or have experienced any kind of problem such I described earlier?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply