GEPCI technique
04-18-2017, 10:12 PM
GEPCI technique
Hello!

I had a question concerning the technique: gradient echo plural contrast imaging (GEPCI). It occured to me that it was a bit strange that no other research group picked it up to use or investigate this sequence. I could find 7 articles (using scopus or google scholar), in total, which use this method to make images and it seems really promissing for, for example multiple sclerose, but the only resourch group which publiced about this method is from the University in St. Louis. Furthermore it took a relatively long time before they publiced their first article. This was in 2010, while they all ready introduced their method in 2010 on a RSNA annual meeting.

I hope you can help me to find the answer!
Kind regards,
Tessa
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: GEPCI technique
(04-18-2017 10:12 PM)Tessa Wrote:  Hello!

I had a question concerning the technique: gradient echo plural contrast imaging (GEPCI). It occured to me that it was a bit strange that no other research group picked it up to use or investigate this sequence. I could find 7 articles (using scopus or google scholar), in total, which use this method to make images and it seems really promissing for, for example multiple sclerose, but the only resourch group which publiced about this method is from the University in St. Louis. Furthermore it took a relatively long time before they publiced their first article. This was in 2010, while they all ready introduced their method in 2010 on a RSNA annual meeting.

I hope you can help me to find the answer!
Kind regards,
Tessa

Dear Tessa,
I don't know what happened to this technique, but the history of MRI is that many promising techniques are published/presented, yet only a few survive the test of time. You may be interested in this new Q&A concerning Synthetic MRI, which is where the commercial world seems to be heading right now: http://mriquestions.com/synthetic-mri.html

Allen E.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply