Unfortunately, the MRIQuestions.com forum became unmanageable due to spam attacks. I recommend an alternative resource: www.imagingQA.com
difference between spoiled GRE and the SSFP (FID ) ((FISP )) - Printable Version

+- Unfortunately, the MRIQuestions.com forum became unmanageable due to spam attacks. I recommend an alternative resource: www.imagingQA.com (http://mriquestions.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Pulse Sequences (Basic) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Gradient Echo (/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: difference between spoiled GRE and the SSFP (FID ) ((FISP )) (/showthread.php?tid=10160)

difference between spoiled GRE and the SSFP (FID ) ((FISP )) - magedalgazzar - 09-03-2015 11:04 AM

i am having a hard time understanding the difference to the FISP and the spoiled GRE
i mean both mainly give a signal using the FID alone without using the Echo signal , right ??

RE: difference between spoiled GRE and the SSFP (FID ) ((FISP )) - aelster - 09-19-2015 07:39 PM

Dear Magedalgazzar

The main difference between spoiled GRE and FISP is how the transverse coherences are handled. In spoiled methods they are purposely disrupted while in FISP they are partially preserved. This creates different image contrast.

ADE